This is an opportunity not only for a seasoned manager or leader but also a senior data engineer / BI developer who is looking to take a step into management and who can show they have the right leadership qualities and ideas to take this company towards its data vision.
As a Head of Data Engineering, you will
- Play a crucial part in establishing data team, designing & implementing cloud data warehouse strategy and deliverables that up to the highest standard. You will manage a team of experts and be responsible for the overall cloud data warehouse platform including data architecture, data structures, data models and streamlining to optimise performance. This will be a busy role and not for the faint-hearted with significant high level projects already in the pipeline.
- Be building and maintaining some of the largest retail-focused datasets in the region.
- Work with smart, motivated people in a supportive environment.
- Influence others and build consensus using your strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy a strong culture of wanting to be better and making it happen.
- Feel empowered to try things out and make a real difference for our teams and our customers.
- Seasoned background in Data Engineering or related field.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player who enjoys working with a small team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Are excited about taking a products from conception to execution and are excited about digitising the retail industry.
- Care about writing clean, well-documented code.
- BA in Computer Science or similar relevant field.
- Experience in automating repetitive processes & machine learning.
- Experience with TDD, BDD and other forms of automated testing.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
Perks and Benefits
- Exciting opportunities as we take our platform to the global market.
- Refreshingly flexible but professional environment.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- The chance to join the ship early on and go all the way path to the recognised leader in the industry.
- Great career and development prospects - being able to push the boundaries of what is possible.